Friday, June 24, 2011

Cloth Wipes Challenge Day 1

Today is the first day of my cloth wipe challenge and I've changed two poopy diapers so far.  My simple wipe solution works much better than plain water.  I do seem to need a lot of it, but that must just be the nature of cloth wipes and solution.  The disposable wipes are already soaked in their liquid.

I also am using more wipes than before, I think because I can't fold them as much.  I'll need to get some more.  I don't want to be doing laundry more often just because I don't have enough wipes!  So, other than that, so far so good.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I came here from Green Mission Mama.

    I am greatly interested to know why it didn't work out for you with just water. I am thinking about using cloth wipes and I would really like to use just water on my baby's bum.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! :)

    Before I started this challenge I had a spray bottle of water that I'd use with cloth wipes. It worked for getting the larger seedy bits of poop off, but there often is some get smears and sticks to the skin as I'm wiping up. Before I would finish up with a sposie wipe. Now I use my homemade wipe solution which is working well. I think having liquid castile soap in my solution really helps to increase the cleaning effectiveness.

    ReplyDelete