Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Cloth Wipe Challenge

I've been trying to use cloth wipes more during diaper changes but using plain water hasn't been working for us.  I often start with cloth for the poopy messes and finish cleaning things up with a sposie wipe.  While I am using fewer sposie wipes this way, I'd like to use even fewer.  First thing is first, I need a wipe solution to be able to clean better.  I found this post at Zany Zebra Designs with a whole bunch of wipe solution recipes.

I was inspired by Mama on a Green Mission and her Cloth Wipe Challenge to only use cloth wipes June 22 to July 22.  I'm going to do a challenge of my own and test out a few of those wipe solution recipes.  My challenge will start tomorrow June 24th!  I'm using mostly basic cotton wipes.  They are pretty thin.  I have two two layer wipes that were a shower present and one more nice one on the way that I added to an online order to get free shipping.

Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes.  :)

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!! Thanks so much for joining me on this challenge!!! I'm so excited! Please stop by and let me know how it's going! I have a linky up today so if you blog about it you can link up so others can read your experiences!

    Thanks again for joining me! Have a great weekend!

    April @ Mama on a Green Mission

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used unscented disposable wipes for my children but they had eczema and allergies so when there was a flare up I used the thinnest 100% cotton wash clothes. Very inexpensive to get a huge stack at a place like Costco.

    I did find warm water works best for cleaning and then thoroughly drying with a soft cloth. Although I love tea tree oil some can develop allergies to it. Jojoba and apricot oil work well as they are lighter oils. In fact I used just apricot oil occasionally mixed with jojoba for all of their dry areas.

    ReplyDelete