Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cloth Wipe Challenge Day 3 with Flats Bonus

The challenge is going well so far.  I haven't had to change a really messy diaper while out and about, but I have had a few messy ones at home.

As an added bonus I've decided to try out flats, aka old school cloth diapers.  When I first started cloth diapering, I thought flats where intimidating.  Why would anyone want to use those when there are so many other options out there.  For one thing, flats are cheap and the super fast drying time sounds nice!  First, I saw a friend using them, and they didn't really look so bad.  They just need to be folded ahead of time so they're ready to go at diaper change time.  I learned more about them following the Flats Challenge to hand wash flats.  Dirty Diaper Laundry started the challenge to show that cloth diapering can be done, even without a washer.  Here are a few more bloggers that participated in the challenge: Adventures in Mommyhood, Just Add Cloth, Mistakes in Motherhood.

Hand washing diapers doesn't sound like my cup of tea (but I have thought about it for camping.  What are you supposed to do if you want to camp with a little in diapers.  Even with sposies you still have a big bag of them just sitting there until you deal with them.)  Whether I'm up for a washing challenge of my own is still to be determined.

So I bought 6 flats to try out (they don't count towards the stash right? because they don't look like a diaper...)  I've done a few changes already, using something sort of resembling the kite fold.  Next up is trying different ways of folding the flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment